[Zope-CMF] One or two products?

Helge Tesdal helge@tesdal.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:59:21 +0100 (CET)

> What I'd like to see is either:
>
> 1. One product, called CMF, that you drop into the Products folder, that
>  combines CMFCore, CMFDefault and DCWorkflow.

Does one product mean one folder in your Products folder (a CMF-folder)?
Or does it mean a more conveniently packed zipfile that you can unzip
directly in your Products folder without having to move folders
afterwards?

> 2. Two products. CMFCore - combining the current CMFCore, DCWorkflow and
> the  bits of CMFDefault identified by Yuppie as belonging in the core.
> CMFDefault - a  default layer for CMFCore that is entirely replaceable
> and not necessary to use  the CMF. Maybe even change it's name to
> CMFDemo.
>
> Personally, I'd prefer option 1 for ease of installation and a decent
> out-of-the-box feel.

It sounds a lot like you want to put CMFDefault in CMFCore, which would
make it less of a framework. Do tell me I'm wrong.

I would like both ease of installation _and_ modularization.

And you can probably guess what I think of the 'out-of-the-box feel' of
CMFDefault. ;)

--
Helge