[Zope-CMF] One or two products?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:05:11 +0000

Helge Tesdal wrote:
>>What I'd like to see is either:
>>
>>1. One product, called CMF, that you drop into the Products folder, that
>> combines CMFCore, CMFDefault and DCWorkflow.
>
> Does one product mean one folder in your Products folder (a CMF-folder)?

Yes

> Or does it mean a more conveniently packed zipfile that you can unzip
> directly in your Products folder without having to move folders
> afterwards?

That too ;-)

> It sounds a lot like you want to put CMFDefault in CMFCore, which would
> make it less of a framework. Do tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong. I want to put the bits of CMFDefault that should be in the core
into the core and leave CMFDefault as just that, a default skin for CMFCore.
Currently, if you want to use Plone, Nuxeo, or any other higher level add on,
you end up needing CMFDefault anyway. That doesn't feel right to me.

> I would like both ease of installation _and_ modularization.

modularisation can be obtained by subclassing.

cheers,

Chris