[Zope-CMF] pyUNO support for Word in CMF

Benjamin Saller bcsaller@ideasuite.com
22 Nov 2002 16:10:35 -0500

Yes. I am working on a package. Its pretty darn tricky to build though,
a whole lot of things have to go write, so I am trying to make bins that
will work on redhat73 and redhat80 to get people started. As for the
headless thing and servers running w/o X, I found myself in the same
position. Here is what I did. I installed the RPMs for OpenOffice, from
either redhat or ximian and then when you need to run the ooffice
process as a listening daemon and have no server to connect to.... Umm..
Xvnc. This gives you a place to park apps like this w/o needing an
actual display. Seems to work fine.

Hope to have the converter package bundled up soon, in the meantime use
the wvWare one.

-Ben