[Zope-CMF] Metadata Toolz

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:54:35 +0100

Gitte Wange wrote:

>>Nah, that's a pita :-P
>
> Arh :-)
> But it taste good anyway :-)

I think that depends on what you put in it ;-)

>>Indeed. DublicCore was supposed to be pluggable. In reality it isn't, and no-one
>>does use alternative implementations (well, that I know about anyway...)
>
> Well not a the moment no ...
> But here at MM Manager we are missing some fields in the DublinCore
> implementation. And therefore we have talked about our own
> implementation.

Cool. Perhaps you could pick up on Florent's idea (even with newgroup headers
;-) and build a tool that lets a site have a configurable metadata policy?
IIRC, someone has already made a dynamic metadata form. I wonder if it made it
into CMF?

Anyway, if you could do that, and merge it into the CMF product base, then maybe
it _could_ go into the CMFCore product _and_ be the default implementation. That
would be very cool :-)

cheers,

Chris