[Zope-CMF] Re: Metadata Toolz

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
07 Oct 2002 15:06:42 +0200

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 14:54, Chris Withers wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> >>
> >>Nah, that's a pita :-P
> >
> > Arh :-)
> > But it taste good anyway :-)
>
> I think that depends on what you put in it ;-)
>
> >>Indeed. DublicCore was supposed to be pluggable. In reality it isn't, and no-one
> >>does use alternative implementations (well, that I know about anyway...)
> >
> > Well not a the moment no ...
> > But here at MM Manager we are missing some fields in the DublinCore
> > implementation. And therefore we have talked about our own
> > implementation.
>
> Cool. Perhaps you could pick up on Florent's idea (even with newgroup headers
> ;-) and build a tool that lets a site have a configurable metadata policy?
> IIRC, someone has already made a dynamic metadata form. I wonder if it made it
> into CMF?
>
> Anyway, if you could do that, and merge it into the CMF product base, then maybe
> it _could_ go into the CMFCore product _and_ be the default implementation. That
> would be very cool :-)
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris (and others)

Well I have been thinking about it all morning :-)
I was thinking about doing something to the metadata tool so it could
use different metadata implementations (specify them through ZMI). In
that order you could say that your Images should use DublinCore metadata
but your media events should use MPEG-7 ... :-)
Sort of like with the workflow tool ... I think :-))

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Can inadvertantly make people's heads explode when attempting
to explain how something works, rendering them unable to think
very well for a while.

    -- Martijn Faassen on Jim Fulton, March 7 2001