[Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:02:37 -0400

A few days back I posted a question somewhat similar to this one that was
regarding portal_types and their actions.  It seems to me that when you
append an action id onto the end of a URL the result should be that you are
directed to the action (method, etc.) that is associated with that id.  This
works for view apparently, but as I discovered with the help of Ausum, this
does not work for other actions.  Where does the code that governs this
behavior live?  I would love to take a stab at augmenting this and supplying
a patch...

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Dieter Maurer
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 2:05 PM
To: Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca writes:
 > The problem now is that it seems /view
 > does something funny to my paths.
"/view" does not do strange things with you paths:

  It renders an action. Usually, the one called "view". If this is
  not found, the first one accessible by the current user.

Read the URI specification: it tells you how relative path are interpreted.
Check what are the effective URLs that fail and try to understand why.

 > I now get broken images in my documents
 > that have images linked with "../" ...
You should *not* access images by relative URLs!

  You defeat the caching potential for images which may drastically
  slow down your site when viewed through a low bandwidth channel...

Dieter