[Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:12:33 +0200

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > A few days back I posted a question somewhat similar to this one that was
 > regarding portal_types and their actions.  It seems to me that when you
 > append an action id onto the end of a URL the result should be that you are
 > directed to the action (method, etc.) that is associated with that id.  This
 > works for view apparently, but as I discovered with the help of Ausum, this
 > does not work for other actions.  Where does the code that governs this
 > behavior live?  I would love to take a stab at augmenting this and supplying
 > a patch...
"view" works, because "PortalContent", the base class of all portal
content, defines it.

As you see, this cannot be generalized for other actions.

You could try the "__bobo_traverse__" hook.

Dieter