[Zope-CMF] Problems with calling portal_actions

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:51:41 -0700

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:42:18PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >>3                         subnav python:'portal_subcontents' +
> >>str(current+1);
> >>4                         portal_contents actions/subnav|nothing;
> >

> >Line 4 says "Find actions/subnav (literally!) or nothing."
> >you need something more like (untested)
>
> Hmmm... not sure... I think it means:
>
> start with the actions variable and get something called 'subnav' from it.

that's what i meant, sorry if my words were unclear.
The point is, this is not the behavior that the original poster intended.
Look at line 3: he's defining a variable, subnav, and on line 4
he thinks he's using it - but he's not, he's using the literal string
"subnav". Therefore he gets the nothing result.

> if an error occurs that smells like subnav couldn't be obtained from
> actions, put None in portal_contents.

that's not what he's asking for.

> What lead you to believe it was different from this?

The original post? :-)
but i still haven't heard if my interpretation is correct...
hello?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com