[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] CVS: CMF/CMFCore - CatalogTool.py:1.30.4.7

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:43:15 -0300

Yuppie wrote:

> Could this please be resolved *before* CMF-1.4beta1 is released (on
> Monday)?
>

> From the IndexableObjectWrapper interface:
>
>     def allowedRolesAndUsers():
>         """
>         Return a list of roles and users with View permission.
>         Used by PortalCatalog to filter out items you're not allowed
>         to see.
>         """
>
> If I understand your checkin correctly, allowedRolesAndUsers now
> returns users that don't have the local role 'Owner' and might not
> have a 'View' permission.

No. With my change the user that created the object (and is the object
Owner) is included on allowedRolesAndUsers if the Owner role has the
View permission on the object. As Shane pointed out, the best solution
would be giving the local role of Owner to the user that created the
object instead.

~dc