[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] CVS: CMF/CMFCore - CatalogTool.py:1.30.4.7

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:51:09 +0200

Hi!

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Yuppie wrote:
[...]
>> If I understand your checkin correctly, allowedRolesAndUsers now
>> returns users that don't have the local role 'Owner' and might not
>> have a 'View' permission.
>

> No. With my change the user that created the object (and is the object
> Owner) is included on allowedRolesAndUsers if the Owner role has the
> View permission on the object. As Shane pointed out, the best solution
> would be giving the local role of Owner to the user that created the
> object instead.

1.) I can't reproduce the problem you resolved. AFAICT users creating
objects *are* given the local role of Owner.

2.) If the 'View' permission depends on the role 'Owner', owners without
the role 'Owner' can't view the object.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Yuppie