[Zope-CMF] Error creating Portal CMF1.4

Roger Beavans rogerb at misonlineservices.com
Fri Aug 29 17:02:04 EDT 2003

This may be a stupid newbie question...

I'm having the following problem trying to follow the CMF tutorial. I create
a "folder" for portals, I try and create a "CMF site" object. I give it a
name "test" and then hit add. I sit and wait and then I get the following
error in the browser.

Error connecting to site

couldn't connect to...
10.15.20.73:8080/Portals/test/finish_portal_construction
The site may be busy or the web server may be down.

If I click back to the root directory, then the portal directory there is a
"test" portal object there. However, I don't know if it's complete or will
work. How do I test this?

I'm running with the following configuration"

HP-UX 11.11
Python 2.1.3
Zope 2.6.1
CMF 1.4