[Zope-CMF] Re: Mulitlingual CMF Site

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 2 11:55:14 EST 2003

srobroek at plexus.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> Try the localizer Product
> http://www.plone.org/Members/limi/news/localizer-howto/

Hello,

thanks for your reply. The localizer is a part of my plan:

* Ceate a new scriptable type (Id:'FooDocument') based on Skinned
Folder. Skinned Folders can have a custom View method, that's what I need.

* Add a new action for 'FooDocument' > 'Add language'

* That action creates a "normal" Document inside that folder with the ID
of the selected Language (e.g 'lang_fr') /and/ changes its (existing)
language attribute to 'fr'.

* Add a new index to the portal_catalog: 'language', so I can filter
catalog queries.

* Create a custom View method for 'FooDocument' that looks in Localizer
(or other product or script or cookie) for the current language and
returns the according document.

Quick and dirty. I hope this will work.

Tonico