[Zope-CMF] Re: Mulitlingual CMF Site

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Tue Dec 2 12:01:30 EST 2003

Hi Tonico!

I expect you know this How-To but for good measure let me mention
<http://cmf.zope.org/CMF/Members/tseaver/how_tos/using_scriptable_type_info>

Stefan

--On Dienstag, 02. Dezember 2003 17:55 +0100 Tonico Strasser
<contact_tonico at yahoo.de> wrote:

> srobroek at plexus.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
>> Try the localizer Product
>> http://www.plone.org/Members/limi/news/localizer-howto/
>>

> Hello,
>
> thanks for your reply. The localizer is a part of my plan:
>
> * Ceate a new scriptable type (Id:'FooDocument') based on Skinned Folder.
> Skinned Folders can have a custom View method, that's what I need.
>
> * Add a new action for 'FooDocument' > 'Add language'
>
> * That action creates a "normal" Document inside that folder with the ID
> of the selected Language (e.g 'lang_fr') /and/ changes its (existing)
> language attribute to 'fr'.
>
> * Add a new index to the portal_catalog: 'language', so I can filter
> catalog queries.
>
> * Create a custom View method for 'FooDocument' that looks in Localizer
> (or other product or script or cookie) for the current language and
> returns the according document.
>
> Quick and dirty. I hope this will work.
>
> Tonico

The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/