Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow: Worklist visible to a special member

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:41:12 +0100

Hi John,

JM> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:34, Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> Rainer Thaden wrote:
>> >What do i have to enter in the 'Guard' property in the worklist to
>> >make the worklist visible to only the one who submitted the content?
>>
>> Isn't it sufficient to specify 'Role(s)' as 'Owner' under the 'Gards'?

JM> So what you want to do is ignore the tantalizing, candy-like Guard fields in
JM> the worklist configuration, and, instead, set the permissons matrix for
JM> content in the rejected state (or whatever) to insure that only the owner of
JM> that content can see it (and whatever reviewer roles, as well).

JM> I'm pretty sure all of this is explained in the online help section for
JM> DCWorkflows, but it's possible folks just haven't thought to look there.
JM> Maybe it's time the ZMI for DCworkflows was tweaked.

You're perfectly right. I changed the permissions threw away the
guards and everything is fine. Now only the owner and the manager are
allowed to View rejected content.

What puzzles me: it seems as if changes in the workflow permissions
only take effect when the object is put into a state after the
permissions were tweaked. If i e.g. allow a Reviewer to edit published
objects by giving him the 'modify portal content' permission in the
'published' state, he can not edit objects which are currently in this
state. He can only edit objects which move into the 'published' state,
after i changed the permission matrix.
Correct?
So how can i update the permissions for all existing objects?

--
Regards,
 Rainer                            mailto:thadi@gmx.de