Re[3]: [Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow: Worklist visible to a special member

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:04:02 +0100

RT> What puzzles me: it seems as if changes in the workflow permissions
RT> only take effect when the object is put into a state after the
RT> permissions were tweaked. If i e.g. allow a Reviewer to edit published
RT> objects by giving him the 'modify portal content' permission in the
RT> 'published' state, he can not edit objects which are currently in this
RT> state. He can only edit objects which move into the 'published' state,
RT> after i changed the permission matrix.
RT> Correct?
RT> So how can i update the permissions for all existing objects?

Ok, found it:  "the default portal_workflow tool has a button you can
click to update the role to permission mappings in all content"

At the bottom of the portal_workflow tool management page there's a
button "Update security settings". Easy to overlook ;)

--
Regards,
 Rainer                            mailto:thadi@gmx.de