[Zope-CMF] Metadata Patch AMP, how do I access the new metadata elements?

viking@gmx.info viking@gmx.info
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:03:35 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am completely new to Zope and writing my thesis using Zope and Python and
this may be simple questions. Please forgive ;)

I am using CMF 1.3 and the Advanced Metadata Patch (AMP) from Christian
Theune (Gocept). It's cool, now I can add new metadata elements, but I did not
figure out how to use it efficient. I have the following questions regarding
AMP:

- how do I access the new metadata elements from a python script
- how do I access the new metadata elements from a dtml method
- does the patch generate getter/setter methods automatically for the new
elements, if so, where?
- which files are updated if adding a new metadata element
- how can I show the all already implemented elements (like effective date,
identifier, type, contributors,...) on the new metadata edit form (i.e.
metadata_edit_form.pt)
 and on the 'elements' and 'properties'-tab of the portal_metadata tool

Can anyone point me to or give me some quick help and an example code of how
to access the new elements I would add through the AMP. Maybe Chris? Chris
may I contact you via private email?

Thanks guys, Cheers,
Erik