[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 Roadmap

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:25:18 -0800

Tres Seaver wrote:
> I think that, rather than adding another file, we should change the
> format of the 'foo.security' file to allow spelling both role-permission
> settings and proxy roles.  The current format is like so:
>
>   <permission_name>:<acquire_flag>:<role_list>
>
> I would prefer a format more like:
>
>   [Permissions]
>   <permission_name>:acquire=<acquire_flag>,roles=<role_list>
>
>   [ProxyRoles]
>   <role_name>:yes
>
> Code to interpret this file would go in the (currently non-existent)
> CMFCore/FSSecurity.py

I'd really like to extend this so that all the "properties" are in one
file...

[Permissions]
[ProxyRoles]
[Caching]
[Properties]
[Some other as yet unknown values]

and so on. The question is since we would have to maintain backward
compatability anyway is it worth it?

I would vote yes, since I think having one file for the code and one
file for all properties is worth it in simplifying things.
--
   Andy McKay