[Zope-CMF] Collect all metadata in a .metadata files?

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:37:07 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

>> This is the same kind of confusion I'm facing now with various CMF
>> products (both core and 3rd party) that either use content_type,
>> format, mime_type or a combination of the above that interact in
>> unexpected ways.
>

> I don't get what you're talking about here, could you descrieb a little
> more?

I'm probably just confused, but I don't get the difference between
'content_type' (used in CMFDefault/File.py) and 'format' (used un
DefaultDublinCoreimpl) and when one or the other should be used/is
actually used (they seem to have the same purpose to me). To add to my
confusion, another product uses 'mime_type' doing what I think is the
same as 'content_type'/'format', and Plone takes the values for 'format'
in its metadata form from python mimetype, and in the help field tells
that format is the mime type for the object.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007