[Zope-CMF] Adapting ZClass (Compound News Item) to CMF, but state isn't updating in catalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:12:22 +0100

"ndegrootnl <ndegroot@ktu.nl>" <ndegroot@ktu.nl> wrote at 2003-1-20 23:00 -0000:
 > Using ZClass tutorials, I succeeded in getting the ZClass based
 > product 'News item with Images' to update itself in the CMF
 > portal_catalog. It now updates when 'Adding' the product and when
 > editing the properties. But after 'Publish' the state-variable in the
 > catalog does *not* get updated. I tried adding (variations of)
 > reindex_object() like
 >
 >     state_change.object.updateCatalog()
 >     here.reindex_object()
 >
 > to a DCWorkflow script, but without success. I also tried to call a
 > ZClass method from the script.
I expect that you did not derive your ZClass from "PortalContent"
or the inheritance order is wrong "PortalContent" should be the
first base class.

Dieter