[Zope-CMF] One CMF object as an attribute of another, and getTypeInfo()

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:55:40 -0400

Hello,

I just created a CMF object type that has as an attribute an instance =
of a
CMF Portal Image, and as far as loading the image and viweing it, =
everything
works great.

Then I realized I actually need to keep DC metadata on that image.  The
metadata_edit_form actually works to look at it (Meaning the DC methods =
are
available), but I can't seem to edit it.

The metadata_edit script dies with:

AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'getActionById'=20

'None' comes from the getTypeInfo method ... I'm now stuck trying to =
figure
out why that doesn't work, and how to fix it.

After reading the docstring for getTypeInfo in TypesTool, I tried =
adding the
portal_type attribute by doing something like "
self.featuredimage.portal_type =3D 'Portal Image' ", but that didn't =
help.

I saw this DynamicType class, which I suspect could help me, but I'm =
not
entirely sure what the best way is to go about this.

Anybody try this before, any ides/suggestions would be much =
appreciated!

Thanks,

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca