[Zope-CMF] MemberDataTool's wrapUser

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
08 Mar 2003 16:18:48 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote at 2003-3-7 16:47 +0100:
>  > There is a bug in MemberDataTool.wrapUser(). It attempts to cache things
>  > in _v_temps, but cannot clean up after a deletion (there is no way to
>  > invalidate a _v_ attribute as it may be in another thread).
>
> They should be cleared automatically, if the containing object is
> changed (in whatever thread).

Is that true ? (Asking zodb-dev.) I don't see why that would be the
case.

>  The easiest way would be:
>
> 	portal_memberdata._p_changed= 1

This has the unwanted side effect of writing a new transaction for
portal_memberdata. This is not acceptable.

Anyway the last patch I posted in the CMF collector (using REQUEST._hold
to clear the _v_ at the end of the request) fixes the bug.
I or someone else will integrate it into CVS when time permits.

Florent