[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:11:12 +0000

Paul Winkler wrote:

> Currently i'm really kludging this by using my "TALES in content" recipe
> that i posted on zopelabs, so a document can include other stuff
> with syntax like ${context/some_id}.  The problem is that you can't
> include Documents that way because you really want the CookedBody,
> not the view, and I don't want content managers to have to learn yet
> another bit of magic (CookedBody). Another problem is that catalog
> searches will turn up documents that are only intended to be included
> in others.

Sounds like a document assembly problem of the ilk that CMFArticel and the like
look to solve. There was lots of discussion in this area but no consensus
reached so it was punted until 2.5.

My question is more about building 'views' of seperate pieces of content, for
things like site navigation and highlighting interesting content.

> I think these problems might be fixable by creating a new content type
> specifically for this purpose; I'd call it "Snippet" or something like that.
> But i haven't really thought through the issues.

FWIW, I usually do something like this to solve this problem...

cheers,

Chris