[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:23:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
(...)
> Ausum Studio wrote:
> > These are the sort of issues that CMFPortlets is meant to handle,
although
> > with a little bit of hacking (basically where to store the layout info,
> > currently stored at portal_memberdata, at a per-user basis). This is the
> > case:
>
> Are there any demos of this working that are internet accessible?
>
> Does the product come with a demo?

I used to run a demo, using my computer, but now I don't. Anyway the
installation is easy to perform in a new CMFDefault instance, and it also
installs some few demo portlets.

The layout is stored not as a template but as a variable list, aimed to live
in portal_memberdata, so that every layout modification is a modification to
that variable. A renderer will reconstruct the variable into a page on the
fly, but it also can be used to output templates.

 To perform what you require, you'd need to hack CMFP to either to do a deep
copy of the variable list (after the user had selected the layout he
desires), store it anywhere and then to let it get rendered at the moment it
is called; or either to just output to a regular template. This latter is
the basis of CMFPagelets, which is still in the drawing board.  :)

Cheers,

Ausum