Taking Ownership (was Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF newbie questions)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:28:23 +0000

Terry Kerr wrote:
> maintain his/her article, then the member who initially created the
> article will need to delegate ownership to the new member after they
> register themselves with the system.

Well, Zope currently has the facility to allow 'taking ownership'.
I wonder if that could be used to provide the necessary functionality?

> similar to this?  My line of thinking os to create a tool that has an
> action of 'give ownership', which will be availabe to all members.

I don't think a new tool is necessary. An extension to the portal_membership
interface and tool might be the way to go :-)

cheers,

Chris