Taking Ownership (was Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF newbie questions)

Hamish Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:34:33 +0000

On Thursday 27 Mar 2003 10:28 am, Chris Withers wrote:
> Terry Kerr wrote:
> > maintain his/her article, then the member who initially created the
> > article will need to delegate ownership to the new member after they
> > register themselves with the system.
>
> Well, Zope currently has the facility to allow 'taking ownership'.
> I wonder if that could be used to provide the necessary functionality?

I'd be very keen on a generic (permission restricted) "give ownership"
facility symmetrical to "take ownership". I find myself posting articles
written by other people to the site I run, and I'd like to give the author
ownership so "written by" tags come up right.

Cheers,
Hamish