Taking Ownership (was Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF newbie questions)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 01:17:44 +0100

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-3-27 10:28 +0000:
 > Terry Kerr wrote:
 > > maintain his/her article, then the member who initially created the
 > > article will need to delegate ownership to the new member after they
 > > register themselves with the system.
 >
 > Well, Zope currently has the facility to allow 'taking ownership'.
 > I wonder if that could be used to provide the necessary functionality?

Unfortunately, Zope used "owner" in two quite different ways:

   1.  "ownership" -- this is only relevant for executable objects
       and completely irrelevant for content

   2.  the local role "Owner" which is relevant for all objects

Almost surely, Terry need to reassign the local role "Owner".
There is a method for this (--> "setLocalRole" or similar).

Dieter