[Zope-CMF] How to do globbing searches on the id index w/ ZCa talog

Wed, 07 May 2003 11:00:34 -0700

Not tried, but might work: Create a skin method with a name 'idtext' that
returns context.id, and add a TextIndex with the same name to the catalog.
Adjust your search code to use that index.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Braun Brelin [mailto:bbrelin@openapp.biz]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 11:01 AM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-CMF] How to do globbing searches on the id index w/
ZCatalog

Hello,

If I have objects who's id's are like foo.1 foo.2 foo.3, etc.
How would I do a catalog search (in python) that will pick up foo.*?
this...

foo=context.portal_catalog(id='foo.*')

seems to fail completely, probahly because id is a field index, not a
text index.

Any thoughts on how to do wildcard searches on ID's?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin