[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] some CMF 1.4beta1 issues

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Thu, 08 May 2003 13:44:19 +0200

Hi!

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> | type actions:
> | =============

> | So I want to modify this proposal a bit:
> | <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2003-May/018431.html>
> |
> | The conversion method should also add 'string:${object_url}/' instead of
> | just 'string:'.
>
> +1 for that. I was about to do it, but was trying to come up with
> cases were doing that could break existing software. I havent found
> any till now.

Sidnei, could you please have a look at the checkins I made this
morning? (yuppie-collector152-branch)

If they are ok, I'll change the factory_type_information of all content
types and merge the branch.

> | internationalization support
> | ============================
> |
> | herve reported some issues on the collector.
> |
> | 1.) dynamic string issues:
> |
> | <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/158>
> | Has anyboy got an idea how to resolve this?
>
> I think its more or less the same problem as with Zope3. They used a
> convention of enclosing the string in _(''), where '_' is a function
> of the translation service (or something to that effect).

That doesn't sound like a solution for CMF 1.4 :(

> | <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/156>
> | Fixing that would be very easy, but we will run into similar problems as
> | in #158.
> |
> | 2.) message catalogue issues:
> |
> | <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/155>
> | I'm not happy with creating a new directory for just a single file. But
> | the usual place for a .pot file seems to be CMFDefault/locale. We should
> | wait with creating that file until #156 and #158 are resolved.
>
> I dont think this is related.

Yes. Not really. Solving #156 and #158 would just require to update the
.pot file.

> The convention that is being used in
> Plone and PlacelessTranslationService is having CMFPlone/i18n with all
> the .po files inside.

And Zope3 has a 'translation_files' directory ...

> | <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/157>
> | I don't think translations should be part of the distribution. These
> | should be released in a decentralized way:
>
> Right. Again, in Plone, the translations live on a separate module on
> CVS, and are included on the releases, but people that have access to
> the i18n repository may not have access to the main repository.
>
> | Each language needs a maintainer who is responsible for the content of
> | the .po file. There should be an overview at cmf.zope.org with links to
> | the downloads.
>
> Stephan Richter was thinking about having something like i18n.zope.org
> as a place to share translations of Zope3. Personally, I think that
> something like this has a 50/50 chance to work out.

Any volunteers to resolve these issues?

Cheers,

Yuppie