[Zope-CMF] Optimizing catalog queries

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Mon Nov 10 04:49:24 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a CMF site that has been running a little slow but after I changed the
values for the cache parameters, it's running much faster.
The only thing slowing the forintpage down now, is a calendar on the
frontpage.

I have been reading about the DateIndex and DateRangeIndex which should
improve speed a bit ?
The calendar shows events but looking at their start_date attribute and
end_date attribute. At this moment, these attributes gets indexed at
FieldIndexes. I have tried to index them as DateIndexes, but that seemed to
slow the frontpage even more ?
Should I change it to DateRangeIndexes ? The differences between the 2 indexes
doesn't seem clear ...
Will the speed change only have effect, if I change all the date indexed to
DateIndex ?

Hope someone has some advice on which index types to use ...

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Linux - because a PC is a terrible thing to waste