[Zope-CMF] CMFStaging skins

Adrien Driver Adrien.Driver at infotech.monash.edu.au
Sun Nov 16 23:31:00 EST 2003

Hi

Gregoire Weber wrote:

>Hi,
>
>do you use with Plone Staging from the collective (http://sourceforge.net/projects/collective/)?

No, but I've downloaded and installed Plone Staging and have started
playing with it - it is somewhat more advanced then what I was trying to
get working  :-))  Are there any notes on Plone Staging?

>There should be a script doing all the necessary installs for you.
>Alan showed that to me at the Castle Sprint in Autria.
>
>If you like to elaborate your own solution take in accont that
>there is some work underway to integrate staging and versioning
>with the next Plone Version (Plone 2.1).

This staging and versioning is something I was looking for.  However
while I'm after a web based interface for staff to create/edit content
I'm having some difficulty with the concept of the "portal site" (in
either Plone or the CMF).   For editing /staging  purposes I don't
really have any issues but the live version (production or a copy of
this folder)  I would like independent.  That is no ability to log on to
create/edit when viewed (possibly done via some other URL link).

For my school (the project I'm working on) I need to implement new
Monash designed templates (which I will have to modify and add via skins
etc).  Also I wish to implement the author-review type workflow (which
Plone staging offers) but at different levels of the site (which I
assume I can still do with user folder definitions).  This may affect
the member role - I'm not sure.  I would like to use LDAP for the users
and groups - does CMFLDAP work with Plone?  Can it be used with Plone
staging?

Part of my scope is to find an open source CMS that can achieve a number
of objectives.  The technical objectives are mainly a staging / live
scenario with versioning / workflow and web interface arrangements.
After looking at Zope over the past two weeks I have learned and come
across a vast amount of material, and my learning curve has been steep.

Obviously something like this (to some extent) can be done but I seem to
be stumbling from one thing (different products) to another and not
getting anything concrete.   Can anyone offers any suggestions?  Am I on
the right track with Zope (and Plone)?  After some exposure to OpenCMS
and Midgard Zope does look better.

Cheers

Adrien

>See my comment at the top of the page to:
>
>   http://plone.org/development/current/projects/PloneStaging

Thanks - have done.

Adrien

--