[Zope-CMF] Plone - Conditions for Portal Actions

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 5 22:13:25 EDT 2003

ploneguy at bellsouth.net wrote at 2002-9-3 18:57 -0400:
 > I'm trying to set up a CMF action in Plone to create tabs in specific
 > folders (and associated sub-folders), the application is an Intranet where
 > each department will have a folder and there will be tabs specific to each
 > department which are required in their respective folders.
 >
 > I've figured out how to define the tabs themselves, but I'm unclear as to
 > what to enter for the condition in portal_actions. I've searched a lot and
 > found the same question, but no solution.

The following may be a starting point:

    python: object.getPhysicalPath()[:n] == path_to_your_dep_folder

"path_to_your_dep_folder" is the physical path of the corresponding
department folder, this is a tuple.
"n" is the length of this tuple.

This rule checks, that "object" lies on the path through
your department folder.

Dieter