[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Feb 28 06:14:53 EST 2004

Paul Winkler wrote at 2004-2-26 15:19 -0500:
>OK, I tried to add it as a wiki page to plone.org, but no go.
>Slapped it up on my cruddy homepage:
>http://www.slinkp.com/random_notes
>
>I would really really appreciate help with getting this to fly.

I have "Archetypes" (1.3.0a2) running with Zope 2.7, CMF 1.4.2.
However, we do not yet use lots of "Archetypes" widgets.
What has been necessary for me:

  *  adding a "site_properties" properties object
     with definitions for "default_charset" (to
     make "PortalTransforms" happy) and
     "allowRolesToAddKeywords" to make the keyword widget happy.

  *  copying the "calendar_slot" from Plone to make the
     "Calendar" widget happy. It no longer raises exceptions
     but it does not yet work as it requires a Javascript
     function defined in Plone.

     We will provide our own "calendar_slot" and "DateTimeField"
     to get rid of this Plone dependance.

I have had lots of problems when Archetype based fields met
DublinCore fields. I had to extend Archetypes to allow
AT to override inadequately inherited methods.

I had problems when I installed Archetypes defined types via
the "TypesTool". They are apparently expected to
be installed via the "ArchetypeTool". I did not
recognize this feature of "ArchetypeTool" due to an unfortunate
UI design (active links for "install/uninstall" not to distinquish
from inactive text).

--
Dieter