[Zope-CMF] DBObjects and CMF

Shane Landrum srl at boston.com
Mon Jan 26 11:45:44 EST 2004

(I started a similar thread on the main Zope list, but I thought
I'd repost here so as not to tangle the two threads.)

Is anyone out there using the DBObjects relational-to-object
mapping product ( http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/DBObjects )?
Anyone using similar products? If so, how do they compare? I'm looking
for some relational-to-object mapping code that will work nicely with
my existing large-scale CMF instance.

In particular, I'm looking for strategies people have used for
presenting relational-style data as objects within CMF. CMF usage presents
some interesting challenges for this sort of data, particularly
around workflow and change tracking, and I'd love to hear other people's
experiences. I've got some data feeds which are very relational,
and storing the data directly in Zope seems to be a Bad Idea if
I ever want to be able to modify the data in relational-style ways.

srl
Shane Landrum, Software Engineer    srl at boston.com
boston.com / NY Times Digital