[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup responsibilities

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Fri Jul 16 11:10:59 EDT 2004

Seb Bacon wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>>> An idle thought: say a configuration step for a site was to install a
>>> ZWiki; do you think this should also be the responsibility of the tool?
>

>> Well a ZWiki itself is content, so I guess the answer is no.
>

> That's what I assumed, but then I noticed on Tres' TODO list (in the
> README, actually), he has "folder structure", and it got me thinking.
>
> 'Structural' content could be regarded as configuration, i.e. adding an
> empty Zwiki as opposed to populating it; creating an initial folder
> structure; etc.
>
> I'm just wondering where the boundary between content and configuration
> should lie, and why.

The original versino which we wrote for Boston.com did create the folder
hierarchy;  I can see having that as an optional handler, with the
possibility of selecting the content type of each folderish thing.

BTW, I think current versions of ZWiki have dropped the whole "wiki
folder" notion (but I could be wrong).

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com