[Zope-CMF] Re: Allowed content types (CMF 1.5 - Roadmap)

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Mar 15 06:16:32 EST 2004

Hi!

Andrew Veitch wrote:

>>Well, I think that the whole issue becomes irrelevent when Plone starts
>>using ATContentTypes. If ATContentTypes defines add/remove/whatever
>>permissions for each content type then we're done. Tiran?
>

> Yes, I certainly saw this as an Archetypes issue rather than a CMF issue.
> It's a little bit tricky to get Archetypes to give you a separate add
> permission for each content type, making that easy is probably the way to
> go.

Portal Types are a very basic concept in CMF. The question is: Do you
want to allow Plone users to define different Portal Types for one
content class?

If no:
It doesn't matter if you define the permissions in the class or in the
Types Tool. In fact it would be easier to do it in Archetypes.

If yes:
The Types Tool is the natural place for defining the permissions because
Portal Types are defined in the Types Tool.

I can't see CMF is moving away from Portal Types.

Cheers,
	Yuppie