[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] Re: [Plone-users] CPSPortlets preview

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Sun Sep 19 09:51:57 EDT 2004

Julien Anguenot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The week following the Plone conference I hope having something ready
> for CPSSchemas / CPSDocument and dependencies (CPS4PLone). It's almost
> ready. Just issues with the i18n.
>
> For CPSPortlets we still need to work on cache invalidation stuffs and
> code more widgets for it to be ready.

Hi!

The invalidation of individual cache entries is now working fine and
across all ZEO instances - this is when we know a priori the explicit
list of objects to monitor for changes (for instance the breadcrumbs
entries, the current folder object, ...). The invalidation is lazy, not
effective immediately, it occurs when the portlet is rendered again -
for the user it makes no difference: the portlet's content is always
correct.

Otherwise when active invalidation is required (when a document is
published, deleted, ...) the only solution is to ask the event service,
so until the CPS event service is ported to CMF / Plone there will be
some portlets that we won't be able to cache.

Regards /JM