[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF for Non Community Site

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Sep 28 12:33:54 EDT 2004

Brian Brinegar wrote:

> We have a site maintained by a relatively small number of people but
> would like to take advantage of what the CMF has to offer. Our site does
> not have the concept of "Membership" and is not really a "Portal". We
> have fairly static pages but would like to have changes go through a
> work flow and be approved. Most of the users of our site would not log in.

We build such sites on top of the CMF all the time.  Nothing about the
infrastructure particularly supposes "community".  For instance, you
could replace the 'portal_registration' tool with one which merely
enforced password policies.  Another alternative would be just to remove
the "Join" entry from the "Actions" tab of the 'portal_registration' tool.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com