[Zope-CMF] CMF for Non Community Site

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Sep 29 09:07:13 EDT 2004

Brian Brinegar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a site maintained by a relatively small number of people but
> would like to take advantage of what the CMF has to offer. Our site does
> not have the concept of "Membership" and is not really a "Portal". We
> have fairly static pages but would like to have changes go through a
> work flow and be approved. Most of the users of our site would not log in.
>
> Is CMF useful to us? How should we proceed? Is there any documentation
> on how to modify CMF for something like this?

CMF is a toolkit, and not useful in it's default state. Making it useful
is a lot of work, so I would recommend that you go with CPS or Plone,
which both have done exactly that work already. :)

CPS has more features as "standard" and a better basic framework, Plone
is more popular and have more third-party products, and a bigger community.