[Zope-CMF] Looking for stateful tree navigation

J Cameron Cooper zope-cmf at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Apr 11 18:01:18 EDT 2005

Carl Rendell wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> It's been a while for me on this list ;) Not sure if this is a should be
> cross posted or not, but the solution is unrelated to Plone.
>
> I've been moving deeper and deeper into plone of late, but one thing
> that is kicking my behind is creating a _stateful_ navigation tree. The
> stateless default navigation tree works fine for most cases, but in some
> particular cases people want the ZMI type of navigation.
>
> Been playing with the SimpleTree methods, but the issue there is
> filtering by security context.
>
> After scouring the web, and quite a bit of work it would seem I need a
> leg up on the problem. A 'how-to', pointer to a product, or explanation
> of how to use the current tools would be sufficient.

I've done that client-side before using
http://personal.archomai.org/transMenus.php

(Dunno if the site is down just for me, or temporarily, or in general.)

Not only is it stateful (so long as cookies are working) but it's also
expandable client-side. You'll have to create the elements for
navigation yourself, though I could dig out my crazy recursive PT macros
that do that.

		--jcc