[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] i18n improvements - a proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Aug 11 05:55:52 EDT 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>
>> yuppie wrote at 2005-8-9 19:11 +0200:

>>> 2.) Using different domains for different products:
>>>
>>> While 'cmf_default' should be used by the core products (CMFCore,
>>> CMFDefault, CMFTopic, CMFSetup) I'd like to use 'cmf_calendar' for
>>> CMFCalendar.
>>

>> Can we give "CMFCore" its own domain?
>>
>> We would like to use "CMFCore" without any reference to
>> "CMFDefault".
>>

> Frankly I hate domains. The less domains there are, the better. Myself,
> I'd much rather have a single "cmf" domain for everything in CMF. Let
> addon frameworks like Plone or CPS add their own for their own use, but
> I think it's folly to have several domains for pure CMF packages.

Does that mean you are voting against using 'cmf_calendar' in CMFCalendar?

The reason why I'd like to use a different domain for CMFCalendar is
that CMFCalendar is our example add-on product. This way we *use*
different domains for Actions and TypeInfos within the CMF, showing how
to do that and making sure it works.

Cheers, Yuppie