[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: VIRTUAL_URL and ACTUAL_URL (was Re: Collector Issues)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Dec 4 23:13:52 EST 2005

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 10:23:25 -0800, Dieter Maurer
<dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> I have difficulties to understand the paragraph:
>
>   What have anchors to do with the query string?
>
> As I understand it, "anchors" (fragments in the URL) are a client
> only concept: fragments are not transfered to the server.

Correct, but it's impossible to construct valid anchors that do not reload
the page if you do not have a working ACTUAL_URL because of Zope setting
the <base> value to something else than the current page.

Thus, a link like <a href="#someanchor" /> will *reload the page*, then go
to the anchor - which is clearly not desirable behaviour.