[Zope-CMF] Re: Properties in FSPageTemplate vs PageTemplate

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jan 10 03:55:22 EST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 3:17, weekah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If my page template's properties in the properties tab doesnt get
> changed by users over time, and i wish to improve my page template
> performance by converting it to a FSPageTemplate, does that make
> sense?
>
> I am using my template's properties to generate the html pages.
> Those properties are specific only to that template.

FSPageTemplates will not improve your performance, no. Use *caching* to
improve performance.

IMHO FSPageTemplates just make maintenance using filesystem tools (CVS,
grep, real editors) much easier. That's a big win for "static"
templates that rarely change as far as I am concerned.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/