[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 + Breaking products / Migration from 1.4

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Mar 23 14:35:27 EST 2005

Hi Yuppie.  This is really good advice. Let me ask this since I am
really trying to make the best decision.  I need stability in my
production setup so would you risk the 1.5 + or take a step back to 1.5
or even go back to 1.4.8.  I want to use the new changes but am torn if
it means the products I work with are flakey.  Maybe I have answered my
own question. Maybe 1.5 is the right choice not 1.4.8.  What I need
right now is to be able to use metadata with DirectoryView to get
additional properties on the folders,  I also want ordered folders
support on my Portal Folders and to gain the benefit of the CMFSetup
utilities. So maybe 1.5 is the place to be.  I guess the other factor
is that I don't want my applications to be out of step with the future
and trapped in the 1.4 world (where there will be a large time sink
involved in bringing them up to the current code base).  I am certainly
willing to contribute on the wiki to help others as I work through it
myself.

Regards,
David