[Zope-CMF] Re: Bad interaction between CMF 1.4 and Zope 2.8 (catalog-getObject-raises)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue May 3 12:45:26 EDT 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2005-4-22 17:17 +0200:
>Chris Withers  <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> Yes we do! I really really really want to know if:
>> - I have a catalog entry that points to an object that no longer exists.
>> This can ONLY happen due to a bug somewhere and needs to be fixed
>> - I have index corruption or other weirdness
>> - any of the above are happening, and be able to descriminate between them.
>>
>> I honestly can thing of no sane justification for putting that None
>> there. It's tantamount to a bare try except, and without even any logging.

I rarely agree with Chris -- but this time I do :-)

>Yes, logging should be there. I'll add a LOG at level WARNING somewhere,
>I'm not sure where (after all it's unrestrictedTraverse that does the
>catching).

When something in the catalog tells you, there were an object
and the object is not locatable, then this is an ERROR
and not a WARNING -- because, you met a data inconsistency.
Data inconsistencies are serious enough to be classified as "ERROR".

--
Dieter