[Zope-CMF] Re: Anyone thinking of porting Plone portal_properties to CMF?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue May 10 06:22:39 EDT 2005

sureshvv wrote:
> Don't think it is part of CMF 1.5.

The CMF has a property tool from the very onset.

Plone overrides it to make it folderish in order to be
able to put property sheets in there but this is a
policy decision at the level of Plone which the CMF
itself doesn't need to care about.

I agree, however, that the property tool as it comes
with CMFCore/Default is somewhat counter-intuitive
(to me at least; it doesn't even subclass 'PropertyManager').
If I understand correctly it is meant as an additional
layer of abstraction to access the properties of the
portal object or thatever other properties you make it handle.

Raphael