[Zope-CMF] Re: Dead branches

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Nov 11 17:01:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:15:16 -0000, Florent Guillaume
<fg at nuxeo.com> wrote:

> Paul Winkler wrote:
>>> Could folks having old CMF branches clean them up ?
>>> See http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/
>>>
>>> This seems to concern: ajung, andrew, chrism, chrisw, gregweb,
>>> jshell, mj, regebro, shane, sidnei, slinkp, tseaver, yuppie.
>>   I'm afraid I don't know what that means. I didn't find anything
>> relevant under http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion .
>
> It means removing them using svn rm.
>
> The point is that looking at available branches is a good way to know
> "what's cooking", and if there are tens of them that have either been
> merged or abandonned, it clutters everything. Also removing them is not
> a problem as svn doesn't lose the information, and if for some reason
> the history of the branch has to be retrieved, it's easy.

In Plone, I think we moved some branches to an 'obsolete' directory or
something, just to assure people felt nice and safe they weren't gone. But
please - nothing is more frustrating to someone trying to browse through
the code than having to "know" what is relevant and what is 3 years old...

Martin

--
(muted)