[Zope-CMF] CMF roadmap

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Feb 11 07:25:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

I finally sat down and put up a CMF roadmap page. It is pretty
condensed right now, and I'm asking for feedback:

http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/docs/roadmap

There's one specific item that I couldn't find enough information on
to make a comment, which is events support. Florent, what is the
status on the trunk and the 1.6 branch?

CMF 2.0 release: How close are we to a beta? I know the tseaver-
viewification branch needs merging, can we go ahead and do that? From
earlier discussions we have decided to not make them the default for
2.0, which would mean we need a GenericSetup profile to enable them.
I would like to be able to get to 2.0.0 final by the end of March at
the latest.

CMF 1.6 release: This one is much less fraught with unsolved issues.
Matter of fact, are there any objections to a first beta next
weekend? If no one objects I will get that rolling.

CMF 1.5.6: I think I'll push that one out as a beta next weekend as
well. This is just a small bugfix release.

Please take a look at the roadmap, this is what I want to offer
everyone (not just CMF-developers) as a guide and I'll make sure it
stays updated.

jens