[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF roadmap

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Feb 12 10:38:17 EST 2006

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I finally sat down and put up a CMF roadmap page. It is pretty condensed
> right now, and I'm asking for feedback:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/docs/roadmap

Great!

I have one comment: While we first worked on CMF 2.0 and later
backported some stuff to CMF 1.6 the lists of "new features" are a bit
confusing now. I think for CMF 2.0 we should only list changes compared
to CMF 1.6. (The CHANGES.txt files are also confusing in this point.)

> CMF 2.0 release: How close are we to a beta? I know the
> tseaver-viewification branch needs merging, can we go ahead and do that?

Tres has planned to work on this, but it looks like he was distracted by
other things. The tseaver-viewification branch is currently not ready
for merging.

> From earlier discussions we have decided to not make them the default
> for 2.0, which would mean we need a GenericSetup profile to enable them.
> I would like to be able to get to 2.0.0 final by the end of March at the
> latest.

I can offer to work on the viewification and merge the branch next
weekend if Tres has no time. But I would just add a ZCML file that needs
to be enabled to use the views - not a GenericSetup profile. And I will
have no time to write unittest.

Cheers,

	Yuppie