[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: RFC: backporting including python-package-product support to support Zope 2.8

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Jan 19 03:35:16 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:22:02 -0000, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

> I think one year is a pretty big span. Today, for example, you would not
> start a project on Zope 2.8. You would do it with Zope 2.9 which is
> going to get bugfixes until the end of 2006.

Not if you spend 18 months developing your application :-/

I can see this making some conservative decision makers fairly nervous.
The upgrade to Zope 2.9 may be as painless as anything, but on the risk
that it isn't, knowing that the release I started working with won't get
the latest bug/security fixes and thus may force me to take a hit on
upgrading the appserver may not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I do understand that it's hard to maintain three Zope 2 releases at the
same time (jebus). I'm just worried that this policy, especially if
explicit, would make Zope FUD a bit easier.

Martin

--
(muted)