[Zope-CMF] Re: DirectoryView, GenericSetup/skins, CMF 2.1

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jul 13 15:04:17 EDT 2006

Hi Rocky!

Rocky Burt wrote:
> Just checking in to see if you got any of this put in place yet.  Also
> hoping you can identify anything I need to do to ensure I can use skins
> with productless products :)

I'm done with my part:
http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=69063

AFAICS this needs to be done:

1.) Writing a new function for creating registry keys that replaces
'minimalpath'.

2.) Writing BBB code for persistent registry keys. Most DirectoryView
objects are not persistent. Only DirectoryView.__of__() has to handle
old keys stored in DirectoryView._dirpath. And it would be nice if
GenericSetup would update the keys on import.

3.) Maybe it makes the code easier to read if 'minimal_fp' is replaced
by something like 'reg_key'.

4.) Maybe utils.minimalpath and utils.expandpath should be marked as
deprecated. AFAICS they are not used for other purposes.

Cheers,

	Yuppie